Security Advice, Safety Tips, and Free Consultations
Before you continue reading this informative post on security advice and safety tips, keep in mind that Metropolitan Security Services provides free consultations and one-on-one meetings with business executives and clients in London. We offer free security and risk assessments to evaluate the appropriateness of your current security measures and provide detailed reports on security protocols to enhance your security.
While we create bespoke security guard solutions that are tailored to your specific security needs, whether you are looking to secure your home or business, get in touch now to consult with our security experts; they are always available 24 hours a day and ready to attend to your security requests. Since we strictly adhere to the policy of responding to every security request promptly, even on short notice. We are readily available to assist, whether you need a short-term service, a long-term contract, or a once-off security service. Look no further than Metropolitan Security Services. We guarantee 100% peace of mind, quality protection, and adequate security solutions throughout the year.
This is because, for years, we have worked with event managers, retail businesses, construction companies, corporate offices, educational centres, parks, shopping malls, and more. The services we provide include manned or static guarding, mobile patrol services, key holding services, alarm response services, event security services, lock and unlock services, reception security services, and canine security services, among others. Now with this being said, here are some security facts, tips, and advice to help you better secure your properties and assets.
Deter Burglars From Your Business Premises.
Every commercial premise, regardless of its function, is vulnerable to several types of risks. Burglary is the most common security threat and challenge for any business premise. Regardless of time and location, burglars make it their business to break into commercial properties in search of valuable assets. Any business without adequate security protocols in place will suffer the effects of vandalism, including forced unlawful entries and loss of property at the hands of burglars. Businesses can save themselves a great deal of money as well as avoid financial setbacks by simply working together with security experts to deal with any security-related issues.
- The likelihood of your business being targeted by criminals will decrease if the exterior of your business premises is kept clean and clear of trash and graffiti. Remove any graffiti if possible. Call the local council to request the specialist team’s deployment if any appear on a neighbouring wall or building.
- Identify possible entrance points for forcible entry and make those places more secure.
- Ensure that all service doors are closed, locked, and secure while not in use.
- Ensure that you have a monitored alarm and that it is fully functional.
- Ensure that your CCTV system is operational, has facial recognition in addition to clear photos, and covers all potential weak points. Moreover, 24-hour digital CCTV is strongly advised.
- Especially on the first floor, wheeled bins can be used as a means of entry. Make sure they are stowed away.
- Check the lighting levels around the premises, paying particular attention to loading zones.
- Consider taking valuable items out of display windows overnight.
- Trim any overgrown trees or bushes in the surrounding area because they can act as cover for criminals with unlawful motives.
- Doors and windows are particularly vulnerable; use security-rated materials to make them more burglar-resistant.
Burglars will use a variety of strategies to avoid being noticed. They fear being heard or seen by a neighbour or bystander because they will feel exposed and recognized. Distraction burglars will pose as someone they are not, so it’s crucial that you are aware of the common techniques they will use to convince you to grant them access to your property. Here are some helpful hints on how to deter burglars by denying them a hiding spot and, secondly, how to prevent a distraction burglary.
Keep it out in the open
You would assume that it would be ideal to make a property less noticeable from the street and keep it concealed from prying eyes behind overgrown shrubs or trees. In reality, all this does is make it easier for a thief to approach a home unnoticed and give them a place to hide while they commit a burglary or steal from the property.
- Shorter fences at the front of a property, roughly one metre high, are preferred to high fences since they allow for a clear view over the top and don’t give cover for anyone wanting to hide.
- Taller fencing on the sides and back of a property is recommended to prevent easy access.
- Making it difficult for someone to climb over a fence or gate using trellises, thorny plants, or an appropriate anti-climb topping like plastic spikes
- Placing thorny or spiky shrubbery along fence and boundary lines creates a strong natural barrier.
- Hire Metropolitan Security guards; they will take sole responsibility for monitoring your property and inspecting for unusual activities. If any are detected, they have the authority, skill, knowledge, and experience to eliminate potential crime as soon as possible with the least amount of disruption.
CCTV's Monitoring And Surveillance Cameras
CCTV can be a valuable tool when used with clearly defined boundaries as a foundation. CCTVs have limitations, though; they cannot stop crimes alone but are one of the most effective crime detection options. CCTVs will guarantee better protection when they are operated and monitored by security experts who know how to respond promptly to security alerts. Metropolitan security guards are professionally trained to handle and work with CCTVs and surveillance cameras around the clock.
- You will be notified if someone crosses your boundary through CCTV that is connected to a smartphone.
- More significantly, CCTV cannot substitute for strong physical security measures like locked doors and windows.
- Some cameras operate day and night, taking pictures whenever they notice movement. Some are viewable remotely from a smartphone.
- Place cameras where they will be able to get the finest possible facial photos and footage.
- For residential CCTV use, there are laws, so always get guidance from a certified installer first to make sure your system conforms with the rules.
- Put up signage warning about CCTV to deter potential criminals from targeting your property.
- Hire professional security guards from Metropolitan to handle and monitor all your CCTV operations and security while you attend to other matters 24 hours a day.
Key Holding And Alarm Response
Consider installing a certified burglar alarm system with audible alarm boxes strategically placed at the front and back of your home. Better than one alarm box are two, both of which are visible and audible. For further security against tampering, mount them high at the front and back of your property.
A burglar alarm might be of three different types:
- Monitored: After being activated, an alarm company or designated key holder can verify that it isn’t a false alarm.
- Unmonitored: This kind relies on a neighbour or other third party to examine the residence once the alarm is activated. The loud alarm is meant to frighten away intruders and notify neighbours.
- Auto Dialler: When engaged, this device sends a text message or makes a phone call to pre-programmed key holders to inform them.
Speedy response to alarms can prevent theft and damage to your valuable properties. Remove the risk, anxiety, and inconvenience of responding to out-of-hours alarm activations with our alarm response services. At Metropolitan Security Services, we provide comprehensive alarm response services for commercial and residential premises in London. In addition to immediate alarm response services, our professional key holding services will relieve you and your staff of additional security responsibilities, so you will never have to worry about after-hours call-outs or emergencies. In general, the police will respond to a burglar alarm if the monitoring provider calls for them, but they are less likely to respond to an unmonitored alert.
Get in touch now. Consult with our security experts for free, regardless of whether you are looking for residential or commercial security solutions. It is our responsibility to keep properties and assets secure 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Which is why we work closely with clients and business executives in London to provide them with bespoke security guard services designed to address their specific security requests.